The contact details of the Data Protection Officers who are responsible for GDPR:
- Mickey Torode, Director of Publishing, Mickey@PerpGames.com
- Ray Willmott, Marketing and Social Media Manager, Ray@PerpGames.com
Who are Perp Games?
Perp Games is a global retail publisher of video games for developers, large, small, well known and not so well known for multiple genres and platforms. Our database includes details of members of the press, clients, retail partners, and influencers we work with to promote the products and services we provide. Perp Games or Perpetual Europe was founded in 2011.
Mickey Torode and Ray Willmott are ‘data controllers’ in respect of the personal information that Perp Games collects and stores from the contact database.
What information is stored?
Perp Games collect personal data about members of the press, retail partners, clients and influencers, which can include a name, email, phone number, and where previously agreed, office address and home addresses for product deliveries.
Perp also stores a public database from individuals who have added their email addresses through our website and will contact those individuals with regular email newsletters on a bi-monthly basis. This database is seperate from our other partners.
Perp Games operates a data minimisation policy and will only ever request information relevant to the purposes of business interactions with members of the media, clients and retail partners. Perp Games does not hold personal, sensitive information about anyone on its database (E:G Date of Birth, Religious views / beliefs)
This information has been collected in a variety of different ways, including.
- Contacting an individual in the appropriate media space based on relevant interests/business opportunities/coverage possibilities and we’ve received their consent
- Where a member of the media has previously covered a current or upcoming Perp Games product through various mediums and we have sought consent to work with them
- Pre-existing communication between a member of Perp Games and the press member/client/influencer/retail partner
- Interaction through social media platforms and noting any public statuses relevant to business
- Where we have been contacted directly in regards to our products and services
Why is this information collected and stored?
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) hold the information of press, influencers, clients, and retail partners for the following purposes.
- Marketing For services related to Public Relations, such as the distribution of press releases, targeted stories, promotional campaigns with our client base, and pitches for coverage opportunities, such as the distribution of both physical and digital review and preview code, article and event opportunities etc).
- Client Outreach For business opportunities, such as building the core business of Perp Games, working with distribution partners, acquiring new contracts etc
Perp Games represents the interests of professionals and businesses that work in the global video games industry.
The use of information held in our database is restricted to members of Perp Games. We do not share any information held in our database with clients/partners of Perp Games.
Perp Games will keep press, influencers, clients and retail partners informed of their business activities through email, press releases, social media and telephone. The individual may also receive packages in the mail, though they will be advised of this prior to distribution.
Any coverage created on a client’s game may be shared with the client in question as relates to business activities and in fulfilling any pre-existing contractual obligations
Who is our client base?
Perp Games works with various companies and clients worldwide. These include
- Retail Partners
- Game Developers
- Game Publishers
- Event Companies
- Agency PRs appointed on a case by case basis
How is your data accessed?
All information held on our database is handled and processed solely by Perp Games staff. All Perp Games staff are aware of our data protection policies.
This information is held for the purposes of carrying out duties related to the business of Perp Games.
All personal information is held on Google Cloud Servers using GSuite admin tools and can only be retrieved by authorised personnel for the use of work activities.
Perp Games take every precautionary measure to safeguard the personal information we hold, however we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transferred over the internet to us.
What we do with the data?
Perp Games will keep in touch with individuals and businesses via email or telephone, adhering to our privacy policies.
This information is used to disseminate press releases / digital codes / coverage opportunities and general communication. We may also introduce our clients to individuals upon request, contact an individual or outlet for corrections or comment, return a call or respond to a query.
Perp Games will always strive to keep up to date information on clients and members of the media, and only aim to contact those with a relevant connection to the work we’re promoting.
If you feel Perp Games is not using held information correctly or appropriately, we can remove all data we hold on you from our press lists
How personal information is shared and who is it shared with?
Perp Games do not share your personal information with clients. The only instances where your information may be disclosed is under the following circumstances.
- Third-party service providers:When we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
- IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our daily job
- IT support service providers. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a
merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How long do we keep your data?
Perp Games hold regular checks to verify whether the contact details on our database are correct and whether those individuals are still at the assigned outlets or if they have moved elsewhere. This cycle runs every eight months. If, at this time, we confirm a previously assigned member of the media no longer works within the industry relevant to our interests, we will remove all of their information from our database.
All data held on our clients and partners is retained for as long as we are in contract with them.
What are your rights to the data we hold?
You have the following rights:
- To ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- To ask us to update or correct any out of date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you (in accordance with applicable data protection legislation);
- (where we are handling your personal information in order to perform a contract between us – therefore clients) to request that we send you (or another data controller) your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (in accordance with applicable data protection laws); and
- The right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you object to our processing of your personal information for certain purposes or you want us to stop using or to delete your personal information, you can contact us and tell us why. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data,you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/ or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering our website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.